- 6 Products in Bromelain
Bromelain is a digestive enzyme
derived from pineapple stems.
Bromelain supplements help digest protein in the gastrointestinal tract.**
Bromelain helps break down protein found in foods so nutrients can get to your muscles.**
In addition to providing digestive support, Bromelain can be absorbed into the bloodstream.**
Above Statements not applicable to all products below
500 mg / 120 Tablets
3 for $33.87
Only $11.29 each
5 for $45.15
Only $9.03 each
40 mg / 100 Tablets
3 for $9.42
Only $3.14 each
5 for $12.55
Only $2.51 each
3 for $53.97
Only $17.99 each
5 for $71.95
Only $14.39 each
100 mg/40 mg/140 mg / 90 Tablets
Over 25% OFF
250 mg/125 mg / 60 Vegi Caps
400 mg/100 mg / 120 Vegi Caps
Over 40% OFF
Bromelain is a type of enzyme obtained from the pineapple plant. There are two basic types of bromelain stem bromelain and fruit bromelain but both are similar to each other. While bromelain is present in all parts of the pineapple, the stem is the most common commercial source because it is so abundantly available after a harvest.
Commercial bromelain is converted to a usable yellow powder in one of several ways either by centrifuge, ultra-filtration, or freeze-drying cooled pineapple juice. Stem bromelain is processed by using organic solvents or by ultra-filtration.
- Bromelain is a natural digestive enzyme derived from the pineapple.
- As a natural enzyme, bromelain helps digest protein in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Bromelain is an enzyme which affects cellular immune functions and supports healthy cell growth.
- Bromelain may help support joint comfort and health.
- Bromelain is believed to work by reducing the effects of joint irritating compounds.
- In addition to providing digestive support in the gastrointestinal tract, bromelain can be absorbed into the bloodstream.
Bromelain was first isolated by a Venezuelan chemist in 1891, but it wasn't until 1957 it was introduced to the public as a therapeutic supplement. Studies on bromelain were first conducted in Hawaii, but interest in the enzyme has since spread globally and research is now conducted in Asia, Europe and Latin America as well as North America.
Pineapples have long been used as a health-promoting plant by natives of South and Central America. Recently, Germany has taken a leadership position in bromelain research.
- Bromelain is referred to as a proteolytic enzyme because it digests proteins by breaking up the long chainlike molecules of proteins into shorter fragments. It supports healthy cell growth and promotes joint comfort.
- Bromelain has a variety of commercial uses as well as being a popular supplement. It is used to tenderize meat, treat sausage casings, and chill-proof beer.
The structure function claims made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.