Grapeseed extract also contains proanthocyanidins, as well as flavonoid polyphenols and resveratrol the most widely known beneficial substances found in red wine. Grapeseed extract is derived from the seeds of common grapes which are a family of climbing shrubs and vines found nearly everywhere in the world.
Grapes are native to Asia but were brought to North America and Europe during the 1600's. Grapes are found in different colors, but typically are red, purple, and green.
- Grapeseed extract contains flavonoid polyphenols, ellagic acid, and resveratrol the beneficial substance found in red wine.
- Grapeseed extract contains polyphenols known as oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC's).
- The skin and seeds of grapes can have a positive effect on heart health.
- Grapeseed extract contains resveratrol, which helps fight the cell-damaging effects of free radicals.
- Grapeseed extract helps support heart health.
- Cell-damaging free radicals can come from anywhere auto exhaust, smoking, even your own body.
The structure function claims made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.