From the Manufacturer:
The health benefits of Wintergreen Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, anodyne, anti rheumatic & antiarthritic, antispasmodic, anti septic, aromatic, astringent, carminative, diuretic, emenagogue and stimulant.
- Traditional Uses: Refreshing, bracing, invigorating
- History: It is used to treat snake bites, dog bites, stings of poisonous insects like scorpions, wasps, bees etc. and infected and rotten wounds, sores, ulcers etc. It can also be used to counter obstructed blood circulation resulting from frost and very low temperature, due to its warming effects.
- Botanical Name: Gaultheria Yunnanensis
- Plant Part: Leaves & Bark
- Extraction Method: Obtained by steam water distillation of the macerated leaves.
- Country of Origin: China
- Color: Pale yellow, yellowish, occasionally pinkish
- Consistency: Thin
- Note: Sweet, Aromatic, Creamy-fruity
- Strength of Aroma: Strong
- Blends well with: Oregano, peppermint, spearmint, ylang ylang, thyme, vanilla, marjoram
- Caution: If pregnant, suffering from any medical condition, or taking medication, consult a health care practitioner before use. Dilute Properly. May irritate skin. Not for internal use. For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid use in the sun.