getting started with aromatherapy
- Q: What are essential oils?
- A: Essential Oils are the concentrated "essences" of plants, the component of the flower that gives it its unique, distinct fragrance. Each essential oil has a characteristic fragrance, and is extracted directly from various plant parts, the root, flower, fruit, leaf and/or wood. These pure essential oils are the basis of aromatherapy.
- Q: What are Carrier Oils?
- A: Typically, carrier oils are used to dilute essential oils before they are applied to the skin in massage and aromatherapy. They are called this because they carry the essential oil onto the skin. Carrier oils do not contain a concentrated aroma but have a mild distinctive smell.
- Q: How can I find the best essential oils?
- A: Puritan's Pride guarantees that the oils we sell are products of well-established, reputable brands that formulate their oils while adhering to the utmost standards of excellence. We'll always provide you with the purest, high-quality oils, many of which are 100% pure oil. We even have organic oils!
- Q: How does aromatherapy work?
- A: Aromatherapy is the art of incorporating essential oils, and their various appealing fragrances into your everyday lifestyle. Aromatherapy has been around for centuries, and allows you to influence your emotional outlook by naturally appealing to your sense of smell. Simply start mixing and matching a variety of rejuvenating essential oils, and see which scents are the most alluring.
- Q: How are essential oils used?
- A: Practicing the art of aromatherapy by combining different blends of essential oils is not as intimidating as it may initially seem. The uses of essential oils include, but are not limited to:
- Diffusing them into the air, creating a serene ambiance
- Adding them to a warm, soothing bubble bath
- Massaging them onto the skin, to invigorate and refresh
- Repelling pesky insects
- Misting them onto your skin from a spray bottle, for an energizing lift
types of essential oils
With aromatherapy, the possibilities are endless. Whether you want to invigorate your senses with a Lavender or Lemon bubble bath, or repel pesky insects using Pine and Citronella, we have the recipes that are perfect for your everyday needs!
There are a number of different types of essential oils, and each group yields different benefits.
- 100% Pure Essential Oils
- Essential Oil Blends
- Essential Solutions
- Massage Oils
- Organic Oils
- Precious Essentials