Last Updated: March 2013
Your Privacy Rights
We comply with the Direct Marketing Association's "Commitment to Consumer Choice." We provide our customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information sharing with other marketers. We honor your request not to share your information with other marketers and not to receive commercial solicitations from us.
If you are a California resident, you may request, up to one time each year, information about our sharing of personal information about you with third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes. In this regard, our policy is that we will not share personal information about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you instruct us not to do so. You can tell us your preference or make a request for information about our practices by writing to us at:
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
Personal Information We Collect From You Directly
We may collect personal information about you in several situations, including when you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, we may collect information when you make a purchase online, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, sign up for a mobile application, or answer questions about your product interests. You do not have to provide your personal information, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features that you are able to access through our Services.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information;
- account registration information, such as user name, password, and profile information;
- information about your intended use of, or questions about, our products;
- information about your physical condition (e.g., height, weight, body mass index, etc.), eating habits, exercise goals, and fitness interests;
- certain other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with other products or services, including birthdate, gender, and photographs.
Other Information We Collect About You
We also may collect certain information by automated means when you use our Services, including your internet protocol ("IP") address; information about your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Services through a link from a third-party website, the uniform resource locater ("URL") of the linking page; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Services; and information about your activity while using the Services, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage.
Like many companies, we may use common technologies to help track your use of our Services, recognize you when you return to the Services, or save your preferences. For example, on our websites, we store small pieces of information in cookies that help us remember you when you return to our website. If you are using a mobile application, we may keep information on your device that lets us identify your account. We also may include web beacons in e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and to identify the IP address of the computer on which they were opened. The information we obtain in this manner helps us customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer. Web beacons also allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services features.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
- Contact Us. We may use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the Services, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
- Shopping. If you purchase products through the Services, we will use personal information about you to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. With your permission, we may use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email, mobile alerts, and other means. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We may use personal information about you to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- Other Uses of Information. We may use personal information about you to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- Feedback. We may use information you provide to us, regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers through the Services.
Sharing Site Content With A Friend
You may be able to share certain content from our Site with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. When we collect personal information in this way, we will use it to fulfill your request and for no other purpose.
Information We Share
Our affiliates may share personal information among themselves. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities, including in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites and mobile applications, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, or provide certain other components of websites, mobile applications, or mobile alerts). We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
- Analytics. We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Marketing Partners. We may share your personal information with select marketing partners that we believe would be of interest to you. We describe below how you may choose to instruct us not to share personal information about you with our marketing partners.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets.
- Other Circumstances. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are using the Services from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. By doing business or interacting with the Company and the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by the Company.
US-EU and US-Swiss Safe Harbor
We participate in the US-EU and the US-Swiss Safe Harbor programs, overseen and administered by the United States Department of Commerce. We certify that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles with respect to personal information transferred from European Economic Area and Switzerland to the United States.
For more information about the Safe Harbor programs and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Website at http://safeharbor.export.gov/companyinfo.aspx?id=17077
We Provide You Choices
If you prefer not to receive unsolicited commercial email from us, please click here. You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email by clicking here. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
Please note that your request not to receive unsolicited commercial emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving unsolicited commercial messages.
If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the Company maintains about you through your account settings.
If you are a California resident, you may request, up to one time each year, information about our sharing of personal information about you with third parties for the third parties direct marketing purposes.
In this regard, our policy is that we will not share personal information about you with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you instruct us not to do so.
You can tell us your preference or make a request for information about our practices by writing to us at:
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our Services.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data. You can confirm that SSL is being used by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure website, the first characters of the website's address will change from "http" to "https." If you are using a web browser or a firewall that does not permit communications through our secure websites, you may not be able to make purchases on our sites.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order.
The Company cares about the safety of children and the privacy of their personal information. The Site is intended for a general audience and are not designed for children under 13 years old. Accordingly, we will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information from our database.
If you would like to learn about how to protect your children online, visit the FTC at: http://www.ftc.gov/kidzprivacy
Our Services are U.S.-based and therefore, information we collect about you may be stored, processed and accessed in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of personal information about you in the United States.
Mail: Puritan's Pride, Inc
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779