Calypso Beef Burgers
- 1 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 2 tsp Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 4 fresh or canned pineapple slices, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, chutney and jerk seasoning in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange pineapple slices around patties. Grill patties, uncovered, 11 to 13 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 8 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. Grill pineapple, uncovered, 8 minutes or until heated through. (Gas grilling times remain the same.) About 2 minutes before burgers are done, place rolls, cut sides down, on grid. Grill until lightly toasted. During last minute of grilling, top each burger with cheese.
- Place 1 burger and pineapple slice on bottom of each bun. Close sandwiches.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.