Lemon Artichoke Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 6 tbls flour, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- In shallow dish, combine 4 tablespoons flour and black pepper. Dredge chicken breast halves in mixture.
- In large skillet over high heat, melt ¼ cup butter (1/2 stick). Add green onions; sauté over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add chicken to pan; cook, turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- Add chicken stock and wine to pan, stirring to scrape bits off bottom. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- In small bowl, knead together remaining 2 tablespoons of flour and 1/4 cup butter. Whisk into sauce and stir until thickened. Stir in lemon juice and artichoke hearts. Stir in salt.
- Add chicken and cook, covered, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Just before serving, add capers and chopped parsley to chicken.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.