Orechiette Pasta with Mushrooms and Artichokes
- 10 oz orrechiette pasta
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 7 oz artichoke hearts, cut into fourths
- 2 Tbs parsley, minced, fresh
- 1/4 tsp salt (sea salt if on a corn-free diet*)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese*, grated
- 2 Tbs walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large pot, heat water to a boil. Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and peppers in oil for 2 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and cook until tender. Add artichoke hearts and parsley, cook until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over drained pasta and toss. Spoon onto plates and sprinkle with cheese and walnuts.
* Allergy notes: People following a corn-free diet should avoid iodized salt since it contains dextrose, which should be avoided by those allergic to corn. The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.