Pantothenic Acid/Vit B-5 Supplements
- 4 Products in Pantothenic Acid/Vit B-5
Pantothenic Acid, also known as Vitamin B-5, plays a significant role in maintaining healthy nutrient metabolism
Pantothenic Acid, a water soluble B Vitamin, promotes / supports nervous system health and is essential for well-being.**
Pantothenic Acid is converted to Coenzyme A in the body, which is important for many reactions involving energy metabolism.**
Give your day a lift with Pantothenic Acid.**
Above Statements not applicable to all products below
350 mg / 50 Vegi Caps
Over 35% OFF
Reg. Price: $11.99
300 mg / 60 Softgels
Currently on back order.
Please check back soon
200 mg / 100 Tablets
Buy 1 Get 2 Free
3 for $8.99
Buy 2 Get 4 Free
6 for $17.98
500 mg / 100 Tablets
Buy 1 Get 2 Free
3 for $11.99
Buy 2 Get 4 Free
6 for $23.98
Vitamin B5 “ also known as pantothenic acid “ is perhaps the most abundant of vitamins. It's widely available from both plants and animals, including meats, poultry, dairy products, soybeans, yogurt, and sweet potatoes. Its name, in fact, is taken from the Greek word pantos meaning everywhere.
Pantothenic acid comes in two basic forms calcium pantothenate and pantethine. Pantethine is recommended for helping maintain blood cholesterol levels already within the normal range among those who don't respond to other natural treatments.
Pantothenic acid performs many tasks similar to other B-complex vitamins it breaks down carbohydrates (and proteins and fats) and metabolizes them for energy. Pantothenic acid functions as a component of coenzyme A which is involved in fatty acid metabolism; it also produces enzymes which help maintain communications between the central nervous system and the body.
Like other B-complex vitamins, pantothenic acid is water-soluble; it cannot be stored by the body in any significant quantity. Instead, it must be replenished daily.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) functions as part of a key coenzyme necessary for the release of energy in cells.
- Pantothenic acid is converted to coenzyme A in the body which is important for many reactions involved in energy metabolism.
- Pantothenic acid helps support a healthy nervous system.
- Pantothine helps maintain cholesterol levels already within a normal range.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) is involved in a number of biological reactions dealing with the production of energy, including the breakdown of fatty acids and amino acids, and the synthesis of fatty acids.
- Pantothenic acid assists with the transfer of fats to and from cells without it, fats could not be metabolized into energy.
- Pantothenic acid is critical to the manufacture of red blood cells and certain hormones. It plays an important role in the synthesis of hemoglobin, steroid hormones, neurotransmitters, and lipids.
- Pantothenic acid is important in maintaining a healthy digestive tract.
- Pantothenic acid helps the body use other vitamins more effectively.
- The body converts pantothenic acid into a chemical called pantethine. When taken as a supplement, pantethine appears to support cholesterol health.
Pantothenic acid is named from the Greek word for everywhere -- and it certainly is! Vitamin B5 can be found in many food sources, including:
The structure function claims made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.