Saw Palmetto Supplements
- 14 Products in Saw Palmetto
Saw palmetto is a shrubby, bushy palm growing primarily in the West Indies and the southern U.S. It features sturdy, spiny-toothed leafstalks which grow into great masses of foliage when left undisturbed sometimes reaching a height of 18 feet. The beneficial part of the saw palmetto is an extract from its dark, olive-sized berries.
Saw palmettos are prominent along the U.S coast from Florida to South Carolina (where they are an especially important part of the vegetation in the Florida Everglades), and in several areas of southern California. Other names for this plant include American dwarf palm, cabbage palm, and serenoa.
- Saw palmetto helps maintain healthy sexual functioning in men.
- Saw palmetto is the leading herb for men, especially in later years.
- Saw palmetto supports prostate and urinary health in men.
- Saw palmetto supports urinary flow.
- Saw palmetto contains phytochemicals and polysaccharides.
- Saw palmetto is derived from the berry of the saw palmetto tree.
- According to the American Dietetic Association, saw palmetto is one of the most commonly used dietary supplements among Americans between the ages of 50 and 76.
- The prostate gland, which is found only in men, is located where the bladder drains into the urethra. A healthy prostate is important for normal urinary flow. Saw palmetto supports prostate and urinary health.
- The active ingredients in saw palmetto include fatty acids such as caprylic acid, lauric acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, and linoleic acid. It also contains flavonoids, glucose, galactose, and other polysaccharides.
The structure function claims made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.