- 7 Products in Selenium
200 mcg / 200 Softgels
3 for $23.97
Only $7.99 each
5 for $31.95
Only $6.39 each
3 for $11.22
Only $3.74 each
5 for $14.95
Only $2.99 each
200 mcg / 100 Softgels
3 for $12.72
Only $4.24 each
5 for $16.95
Only $3.39 each
100 mcg / 100 Tablets
3 for $9.42
Only $3.14 each
5 for $12.55
Only $2.51 each
400 IU/50 mcg / 100 Softgels
Currently on back order.
Please check back soon
100 mcg / 250 Tablets
3 for $20.07
Only $6.69 each
5 for $26.75
Only $5.35 each
300 mcg / 2 oz Liquid
Over 20% OFF
Reg. Price: $13.09
Selenium is an important trace mineral we need on a daily basis. It is essential to the proper functioning of the immune system and thyroid gland, and it is a powerful antioxidant.
It is obtained from plants, seafood and meat; however, the level of selenium in the diet is significantly affected by the nutrient level in the surrounding soil. People who live in selenium-poor regions may require supplementation.
Like other minerals, selenium is depleted during food processing and refining. Grains milled into refined flour lose most of their selenium when the bran and germ is removed. Other nutrients vanish as well.
- Selenium is an integral part of the protein structure in teeth.
- Selenium is a powerful antioxidant.
- Selenium helps recycle Vitamin E for additional antioxidant support.
- Selenium supports the immune system.
- A recent study confirmed selenium's well-known benefits for the immune system finding that 200 mcg of selenium per day supported immune function as measured by T cell levels.
- Selenium assists with proper utilization of iodine in thyroid function.
- Selenium helps maintain prostate health.
- As a potent antioxidant and immune system supporter, selenium has a wide variety of beneficial impacts on the body. Most importantly, selenium (along with other antioxidants such as glutathione, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E) helps prevent cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Selenium may help maintain normal function of DNA our most important genetic material.
- Selenium may help to maintain the oxidation of LDL cholesterol within the normal range and support heart health.
- When incorporated into proteins, selenium makes selenoproteins which are important antioxidant enzymes. At least 25 selenoproteins have been identified.
- Selenium strengthens the immune system. Along with other minerals, it helps the function of white blood cells to support the body's immune ability.
- Selenium is critical for the proper functioning of the thyroid gland and for the production and regulation of thyroid hormones.
- Selenium may promote fertility by supporting sperm production and semen quality.
- Selenium helps to protect skin.
- There is also evidence to suggest that selenium:
- Helps reduce oxidative stress from sun exposure
- May be helpful for respiratory health
While many foods contain selenium, the amounts may vary according to geographic area and other factors. Supplementation may be important.
The structure function claims made on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These dietary supplement products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.