Many people boil down maintaining personal health into a few simple components.
Eat a balanced diet. Exercise regularly. Reduce stress. Make no mistake, these are all great things to do. In fact, they are not only important, but they are also essential! But they aren’t always the easiest things to maintain. Sometimes life gets the best of us and we simply lose balance. We feel stress, we don’t sleep, we go through the drive-thru or snack way too late. Does that sound familiar? If so, don’t worry. It happens to everyone!
There is still a real problem with nutrition in the United States.
According to the Centers for Disease Control’s 2018 State Indicator Report on Fruits and Vegetables, only 9.3% of adults meet their daily vegetable intake recommendation.
Furthermore, only 12.2% meet the recommended fruit intake. This shows that despite significant evidence showing how important fruits and vegetables are, people are not making room for them in their diet and are missing out on essential nutrients.
The National Institutes of Health states that “Taking an MVM [multivitamin/mineral] increases nutrient intakes and helps people get the recommended amounts of vitamins and minerals when they cannot or do not meet these needs from food alone.”
They also note that multivitamins do not take the place of food.
>>Multivitamins for Every Life Stage
Your approach to wellness will never be one-size-fits-all. However, a multivitamin can help you increase your intake of a full spectrum of vitamins and minerals and provide nourishment for daily living.** We’re answering some of the most common questions about multivitamins.
Do I need a multivitamin?
Nutritional needs vary from person to person. Taking a multivitamin and finding the right one for you should be discussed with a physician. For certain life stages, such as during pregnancy and older adulthood, multivitamins are especially beneficial.
>>Shop all of our multivitamins
What should I look for in a multivitamin?
Multivitamins are available in many different forms, including tablets, softgels, capsules, liquid multivitamins, powder blends, chewable tablets, and gummy vitamins. This will be the first decision you need to make. While tablets and capsules are convenient, gummies are easy to chew. If you have trouble swallowing tablets and capsules, another form might be beneficial to you. You can also use a pill crusher to split bulky multivitamins in half.
Another factor in your decision is the frequency of your dose. Some multivitamins need to be taken more than once per day. If that is the case for you, choose a once-daily multivitamin formula.
You should also look for specific nutrients. Most multivitamins contain the basics. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center recommends looking for the following vitamins and minerals in a multivitamin: Vitamin C, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, Vitamin B-6, Vitamin B-12, folic acid, pantothenic acid, biotin, magnesium, selenium, zinc, iodine, borate, molybdenum, Vitamin A (including beta carotene), Vitamin E, Vitamin K, and Vitamin D.
>>When and How to Take Your Vitamins
When should I take a multivitamin?
Multivitamins contain many micronutrients. This may cause a sour stomach for some people. Taking a multivitamin during a meal with a glass of water will help avoid potential stomach discomfort for those with sensitive systems.
Choosing a multivitamin
With all of the formulations on the market, choosing a multivitamin can be difficult. Here are some options that might make the decision easier! To decide what is best for you, it is important to discuss taking a multivitamin with your physician.
Multivitamins for women
Ultra Woman™ Daily Multi Timed Release
- Supports energy metabolism**
- Formulated for the unique needs of women**
- Delivers key nutrients, including calcium, iron, and folic acid
- Delivers nutrients over a prolonged period of time
One Daily Women’s Multivitamin with Zinc
- Convenient once-daily caplet
- Provides 100% of 5 different B-vitamins to support energy metabolism and nervous system health**
- Includes 1000 IU of Vitamin D to support bone and immune system health**
Ultra Woman™ 50 Plus Multi-Vitamin with Zinc
- High-potency caplets provide antioxidant support**
- Promotes strong, healthy bones**
- Contributes to metabolic health and energy production**
- Supports healthy hair, skin and nails**
- Timed-release formula provides a gradual release of nutrients
- Excellent source of some of the nutrients you may need during pregnancy and lactation**
- A good source of calcium and Vitamin D, which assists in the absorption of calcium**
- Contains iron, a vital component of hemoglobin that plays a key role in energy metabolism**
- Contains folic acid, which may reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord birth defect**
Multivitamins for men
Ultra Vita Man ™ Daily Multi Timed Release
- Formulated for the needs of men
- Contains the Ultra Man Bio-Active Blend
- Supports cardiovascular health**
- Delivers nutrients over a prolonged release of time
Ultra Man™ 50 Plus
- Contains more than 50 important nutrients for men’s health**
- Created especially for men over 50
- Includes saw palmetto and lycopene for healthy prostate function**
- Helps improve memory, especially occasional mild memory problems associated with aging**
- Contains zinc, an important mineral that contributes to normal semen production and sexual health**
Ultra Man™ Sports Multivitamins
- Premium sports nutrition supplement
- Comprehensive male multivitamin performance formula
- Timed-release caplets provide extended delivery
- Supports immune and cardiovascular health**
Our pick for older adults
Mega Vita Min™ for Seniors
- Contains vitamins, minerals, and herbs for comprehensive support
- Designed especially for older adults
- Contains calcium and Vitamin D for bone health**