From the Manufacturer:
Essential oils may well be the ultimate gift from nature. Made from aromatic essences of plats, they have a remarkable ability to affect a person's well-being and improve the environment around them.
Expressed from fresh lime peel, lime essential oil shares many of the same aromatherapy qualities as lemon.
Earthy and Sweet Lotion Bar
This simple homemade lotion bar combines the wonderful aromas of cocoa butter, lime, lavender and patchouli in a skin soothing oil blend that will leave you feeling silky smooth.
1/2 cup beeswax
1/2 cup cocoa butter
2 tablespoons castor oil
2 tablespoons macadamia oil
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon lavender essential oil
1/2 teaspoon patchouli essential oil
1/2 teaspoon lime essential oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
Cupcake liners (optional)
Two pots to use as a double boiler
- Line your cupcake pan with liners. This keeps the clean-up easy, but is not necessary.
- In a double boiler, melt beeswax and cocoa butter together over medium heat.
- As the mixture is melting, add the castor, coconut and macadamia oils.
- Once the heated mixture is completely liquid, remove from heat and add the essential oils.
- Whisk together for 15 to 20 seconds to evenly disperse the essential oils and pour into your lined cupcake pan.
If you fill each cup ¾ of the way full, you will end up with 6 lotion bars. Let cool before removing from pan.
Recipe provided by Aura Cacia