Pistachios are naturally cholesterol-free and they are nutrient-dense, so they're ideal for snacking. A small portion of pistachio nuts (about 1 ounce) can help with hunger and taking them out of their shells helps slow you down, so you can relax and enjoy each tasty nut. And, pistachios have a heart-healthy fatty acid profile as well.1◊ Perfect on their own, these in-the-shell, salted, roasted pistachios are a sweet and salty, nutty treat.
◊Scientific evidence suggests but does not prove that eating 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts as part of a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol may reduce the risk of heart disease. See nutrition information for fat content.
Pistachio & Cranberry Biscotti
Yields Approximately 3 dozen
- 2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 1 Cup Roasted Salted Shelled California Pistachios
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350° & lightly butter large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder & vanilla.
- Add in eggs and mix until dough is formed.
- Add to dough, pistachios and cranberries and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout. Wet hands with vegetable oil to easily remove dough from hands.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions.
- On baking sheet, shape each individual dough portion into 6-8 inch logs and approximately 2 inches wide.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove logs from baking sheet and place on a cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut logs on the diagonal into approximately 1/2 inch slices.
- Place back on baking sheet cut side up and leaning on one another.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Transfer biscotti back to cooling rack and cool completely.
Recipe provided by Setton Farms
About Puritan’s Pride
For more than 40 years, Puritan's Pride has helped families achieve a lifestyle of wellness. Our vitamins and supplements are made with care from the highest quality ingredients. They are tested or inspected as many as 15 times throughout the manufacturing process. That's why you can shop with confidence. We take pride in our products and helping customers feel their best.