Last Updated: September 30, 2016
Your Privacy Rights
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield NBTY, Inc. and its affiliated U.S. subsidiaries ("NBTY") participate in and have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. NBTY is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List here.
Under the Privacy Shield Framework NBTY is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf when our agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless NBTY is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. NBTY complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, NBTY is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website here, you may invoke binding arbitration after other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
NBTY, Inc. complies with the U.S. - Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from Switzerland. NBTY, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view NBTY, Inc.'s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Personal Information We Collect From You Directly We may collect personal information about you in several situations, including when you provide it to us voluntarily. For example, we may collect information when you create an account or purchase online, contact us with questions, provide feedback regarding our products, or answer questions about your product interests. You do not have to provide your personal information, but if you decide not to do so, you may limit the features that you are able to access through our Services.
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number;
- Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information;
- Unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences;
- Certain other information you may provide to us in your communications or in connection with other products or services, including birthdate, gender, and photographs.
User Data Supplementation
We also may collect certain information by automated means when you use our Services, including your internet protocol ("IP") address; information about your web browser software and version; if you arrived at the Services through a link from a third-party website, the uniform resource locater ("URL") of the linking page; your mobile device identifier and other information about devices you use to access the Services; and information about your activity while using the Services, such as which pages you choose to view, queries you make using our "search" function, and other information about your account usage. We do not link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you.
Like many companies, we and our third party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies such as cookies and similar technologies. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis. You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the Services features. We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
How We Use the Information We Collect About You
We may use the personal information we collect about you in the ways described below.
- Contact Us. We may use personal information about you to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the Services, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
- Shopping. If you purchase products through the Services, we will use personal information about you to process your purchase, confirm your order, and deliver the items to you.
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. With your permission, we may use personal information about you to send you newsletters, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We may use personal information about you and/or collect additional information as set forth above, to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that company will be prohibited from using our users' personal information for any other purpose.
- Feedback. We may use information you provide to us, regarding our products and services, to provide product feedback to our customers through the Services.
Information We Share
Our affiliates may share personal information among themselves. We will not share your personal information in ways other than as outlined in this policy. In addition, we may share personal information with other entities, including in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers.We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf, ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of websites). We do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
- Analytics. We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the Services may use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the Services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools at http://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency, and to comply with our other legal obligations.
- Transactions. We may share personal information in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. We will notify you via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Other Circumstances. As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are using the Services from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. By doing business or interacting with the Company and the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by the Company.
We Provide You Choices. You can subscribe to receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email by clicking here. If you prefer not to receive marketing email from us, please click here or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
Please note that your request not to receive marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not commercial in nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages.
If you have established a user account in connection with one of our Services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the Company maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request for access within 30 days.
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Sharing Site Content With Your Contacts
You may be able to share certain content from our Services with others by asking us to forward the content. To share information, we ask for the recipient's and your name and email addresses. We will automatically send your contact a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the success of our referral program. We collect personal information in this way, we will use it to fulfill your request and for no other purpose. Your contact may contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-645-1030 to request that we remove this information from our database.
Our Services offer a publicly accessible blog and customer reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Third Party Websites Our Services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our Services.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security you can contact us at email@example.com.
Children's Privacy Our Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
Miscellaneous Our Services are U.S.-based and therefore, information we collect about you may be stored, processed and accessed in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer, storage, and processing of personal information about you in the United States.
Mail: Puritan's Pride, Inc.
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779